navigation navigation
navigation

News

28 Sep 2018

YM&U joins forces with Trilantic Europe following rebrand

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

24 Jul 2018

Gamenet Group signed the agreement for the acquisition of 100% of GoldBet

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

15 Dec 2017

Trilantic Europe invests in the Oberberg Group

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

6 Dec 2017

Gamenet Group completed the listing on Borsa Italiana

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

4 Dec 2017

Elisabetta Franchi purchases 25% of Betty Blue S.p.A. from Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

2 Nov 2017

Talgo shortlisted for HS2 rolling stock procurement

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

1 Jun 2017

Trilantic Europe invests in leading bioethanol business in Spain and France

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

7 Apr 2017

Trilantic Europe becomes a shareholder in Pacha Group

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

28 Nov 2016

Talgo wins the most important high-speed tender in Europe with its new Avril, the most advanced high-speed train

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

24 Feb 2016

Trilantic Europe Invests In Maugeri, Leading Italian Non-Acute Private Hospital Operator

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

13 Oct 2015

Trilantic Europe completes acquisition of 90% stake in leading Italian pharmaceuticals producer Doppel Farmaceutici

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

1 Jul 2015

Trilantic Europe raises €900 million

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

1 Jul 2015

IPO of Trilantic Europe IV’s portfolio companies, Talgo and Euskaltel

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

26 Mar 2015

Prettl and Trilantic Europe announce a partnership agreement

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

14 Jan 2015

Trilantic Capital Partners has realised its investment in Clarion Events

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

17 Oct 2013

Trilantic acquires stake in Elisabetta Franchi

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

16 Sep 2013

Gamenet successfully issues €200mn in its debut bond offering

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

26 Jun 2013

Spain's Talgo Awarded €482 million Contract In Kazakhstan

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

20 Nov 2012

Trilantic Europe exits Istanbul Doors Group, owner of the leading restaurants in Istanbul and Tom Aiken’s restaurants in London

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

14 May 2012

Marex Spectron to acquire Schneider Trading Associates Pro-Trader Division

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

12 Dec 2011

Talgo manufacturing facility opens in Kazakhstan

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

26 Oct 2011

Talgo awarded the High-Speed Mecca-Medina mega-contract

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

12 Apr 2011

Michel Léonard joins Trilantic Capital Partners as operating partner

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

24 Mar 2011

The Istanbul Doors Restaurant Group Acquires the Restaurant Business of Michelin-Starred Chef Tom Aikens

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

22 Mar 2011

Marex Group Reaches Agreement to Acquire Spectron Group

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

14 Feb 2011

Appointment of John Danilovich to Trilantic European Advisory Council

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

17 Jan 2011

Refresco Group Announces its Intention to Acquire Spumador

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

14 Jan 2011

Trilantic Capital Partners commits up to €50 million in LeYa

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

7 Jan 2011

Trilantic Capital Partners to Invest €53 million in Gamenet

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

11 Nov 2010

Talgo is awarded the contract to renew and expand the intercity passenger train coaches of the national railway company of Kazakhstan

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

28 Jul 2010

Thai Union Frozen Products Board of Directors Approves Acquisition of MW Brands from Trilantic Capital Partners

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

10 Feb 2010

Trilantic Capital Partners has Successfully Realized its Ownership Stake in Industria de Turbo Propulsores S.A.

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

24 Sep 2009

Talgo: Spanish Minister of Transportation to Support Talgo in its Internationalization

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

17 Jul 2009

Talgo: Governor Doyle Announces Agreement with Talgo to Bring New Trains, Assembly and Maintenance Facilities to Wisconsin

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

16 Jul 2009

Istanbul Doors: Company Receives a Special Award at the Retailer Awards Recently Held in Istanbul

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

9 Apr 2009

Istanbul Doors: Group Launches New Italian Restaurant Concepts

Trilantic Europe (“Trilantic Europe”) has entered into an agreement with Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri (“FSM”) to make an initial investment of €66 million in the company to finance both organic and inorganic growth projects.

As part of the transaction, FSM, a leading Italian operator of private hospitals, will transfer all its operations to a new company (Istituti Clinici Scientifici Maugeri S.p.A., “Maugeri”). Trilantic Europe will invest in Maugeri through a €66 million capital investment and initially will own c. 34% of Maugeri, and FSM will own the remaining c. 66%. Trilantic Europe also has an option to increase its investment to a total of c. €100m, with a subsequent increase of its participation in Maugeri to c. 43%.

The transaction allows Trilantic Europe to invest in a company with predictable cash flow generation, which has an excellent reputation, and which operates in a regulated industry with stable volumes and revenues. The Italian healthcare sector is highly fragmented, with high barriers to entry and high demand, driven by the country’s ageing population and the increasing market share of non-acute hospitals.

The transaction represents Trilantic Europe’s third investment in the healthcare sector.

Vittorio Pignatti Morano, Chairman of Trilantic Europe, said: “Maugeri is one of the leaders in Italy in non-acute private hospital services and exemplifies the excellence of the Italian healthcare system. Trilantic Europe has invested in the company with the aim of benefitting from growth opportunities in a highly fragmented sector. This investment consolidates our strong focus in the healthcare industry, following the investments in Mediclinic, a hospital operator, and, more recently, in Doppel Farmaceutici, a pharmaceuticals producer.”

Professor Gualtiero Brugger, Chairman of FSM, said: “The agreement with Trilantic Europe is especially important because it will boost the expansion of Maugeri, including through potential acquisitions. Indeed, the Italian private healthcare sector is affected by difficulties that can only be overcome by seizing the opportunities created by economies of scale and scope, increasing the ability to renew and strengthen capital structures and making investments.”

The proposed transaction is subject to certain condition precedents, including the authorisation from certain Italian regional authorities of the transfer of all the operations from FSM to Maugeri.

Fondazione Salvatore Maugeri

FSM is an Italian research hospital group providing diagnostic and therapeutic services with a specific focus on non-acute, rehabilitation, working environment medicine and chronic diseases. In particular, it specialises in heart, neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. In addition, FSM conducts scientific and biomedical research.

FSM operates 19 non-acute hospitals in Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Campania, Apulia, and Sicily, and has 3,600 employees, including nearly 650 doctors and researchers. FSM has approximately 2,250 beds and in 2014 generated €300 million in revenues.

Trilantic Europe

Trilantic Europe is a private equity firm focused on control and co-control investments in Western Europe. Trilantic Europe employs flexible transaction structures and has a strong heritage of partnering with family-owned businesses as well as providing growth capital to outstanding management teams. Trilantic Europe is differentiated from its competition by the firm’s history of disciplined, successful investing, the demonstrated capability to supply flexible and growth capital and to be true partners with the management of our portfolio companies. The firm often applies a “buy in” not “buy out” approach and is determined to deliver value both to the Limited Partners and the management teams that it supports. Trilantic Europe’s primary investment focus is in the consumer & leisure, industrials, TMT, business services and pharmaceutical/ healthcare sectors.

Trilantic Europe currently manages two institutional private equity funds with approximately €1.5 billion in assets under management.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Grant Ringshaw, Agnès Riousse

Contact

Trilantic Europe

London

35 Portman Square, London W1H 6LR, United Kingdom

Guernsey

Le Marchant Street, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 4HY

Luxembourg

26 Bd Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg, Luxembourg